Te Au Moana, translated as the ocean tide, has always been a constant throughout Oceania, connecting our islands, peoples, and generations. Our Polynesian ancestors traversed these ocean tides for ages and revered them for their life-sustaining properties. Their stories, which spoke of their expert skills in fishing, gathering, and voyaging, demonstrated the tremendous depths of knowledge and respect they had to the Earth and its elements.
Stories to life at Te Au Moana: The Ocean Tide. We invite you to dine as the ocean sits peacefully before you, as it has for thousands of years. We ask you to dance under the Maui skies; the moon and stars await you, and we hope that you discover all the fascinating stories at Te Au Moana: The Ocean Tide, a spectacular luau experience like no other!
- Three Course meal served tableside
- Open Bar
- Pork cooked in an imu (underground) oven
- Ocean Front Setting
- Hawaiian Style Poke
- Poi Taro Rolls
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
- Green Salad
- Potato Mac Salad
- Imu Kalua Pork
- Sauteed Mahi Mahi
- Ginger Teriyaki Grilled Flank Steak
- Local Honey Coconut Glazed Baked Purple Sweet Potato
- Roasted Garlic Edamame Fried Rice
- Seasonal Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake
- Large White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Fresh Sliced Fruit
- Freshly Brewed Starbucks Coffee
- The Mighty Leaf Tea Hot Tea Selections
- Iced Tea
GOOD TO KNOW
- Availability: Monday, Thursday and Saturday
- Time: 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm (times vary with the seasons)
- Location: Wailea
- Duration: Approximatley 3 Hours
- Each reservation will be on their own table in their "family bubble" and dinner will be served "family style". Tables are assigned based on booking date with the best tables given to those booking earliest.
- Lead traveler MUST provide a phone number capable of receiving text messages.
- Check in groups will be staggered in 10 minute intervals to avoid gathering beginning at 4:30pm.
- Each reservation must check in will all pax in their party at their designated time to have their temperatures taken and documented by hotel staff (if needed).
- Each reservation should include the names and cell numbers of all guests for contact tracing (if needed).
- Each reservation will be seated at its own assigned table.
- Table assignments are based on the date and time of booking, meaning earlier bookings are given tables with the best sight lines.
- Lead traveler will be texted at least 48 hours before the event with table assignment and check in time.
- All payments must be completed via contactless technology prior to arriving at the luau (no payments will be accepted at the door).