WATCH IN BOSTON (FINISH AREA)
THE CITY IS BUZZING ON MARATHON MONDAY
- The race enters Boston on Beacon Street, just west of Kenmore Square, and finishes on Boylston Street near Copley Square.
- While the MBTA Green Line converges to stop in ‘Kenmore' and ‘Hynes Convention Center', near Boylston St., the ‘Copley' station is closed on race day because of the race.
- Riders can debark at ‘Arlington', which is three blocks from the Finish Line.
- The MBTA Orange Line operates all day in and out of ‘Back Bay' Station, just steps from the finish area.
- This is also where the Worcester/Framingham Commuter Rail line on the MBTA stops.
- If you plan to drive into Boston, please consider that roads near the race course will begin to close near the finish line at 7:15 a.m. Traffic will be heavy, so allow ample time for travel.
- Spectators approaching viewing areas on the course may be asked to pass through security checkpoints, and security personnel may ask to inspect bags and other items being carried.